This roasted sweet potatoes recipe is an excellent side dish! Sweet potatoes contain lots of great nutrients so it is super healthy. There are many ways to mix this recipe up and the seasonings you use can change the profile a bit. For example, you can add parmesan cheese, and do ½ balsamic vinegar ½ olive oil or do a sweeter version with cinnamon. But I prefer my sweet potatoes a bit more savory…. And a litte bit spicy. If you are not a fan of spicy, just eliminate the hot sauce.
Ingredients Needed for this Sweet Potatoes recipe:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into fours and separated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons On the Plank Garlic Habanero Crushed Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss ingredients in a bowl and mix until the potatoes are fully coated
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and then lay out on sheet in one layer. Cover; Bake for 40 minutes. Check with a fork to verify the potatoes are done.
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box:
This article was written by Captain Tim and the Crew of Caribbean Trading Company.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.