Recently I had family in town and I wanted to do something fun for the young kids in the group. At ages 2 and 4, we were looking to take a break from the beach. I had been hearing a lot about the new Children’s Museum – Museo del Niño in Carolina Puerto Rico and I was so pleasantly surprised at how wonderful it was.
A breakdown of our visit:
- Located off the Campo Rico Ave, exit of Highway 26, there was excellent signage to find the museum and the parking area. There was a one block walk from the parking lot to the museum, and they had erected railings so that there was no fear the little ones would run into the road.
- The exhibits were excellent and covered many areas: physics, music, ocean, trucks, water, etc. There was something for every age and was pretty entertaining for the adults as well.
- There is a large real airplane for the kids to explore and go-karts and such.
- We spent 5 hours there until the kids collapsed form exhaustion and we only got through about 65% of the museum – we are already planning another visit next year.
A couple of side notes:
- This museum was really busy with school groups. With some strategic planning on our part, we hit up the exhibits that were outside while they were inside and then went outside when the school groups stopped for lunch.
- Entrance to the GoKarts and the MiniZoo are extra. The GoKarts were great- a nice track, but the Mini Zoo was probably not worth the extra money. It was very hot in the outdoor playground and mini zoo area, and after 10 minutes, we couldn’t take the heat anymore.
Website for the museum: https://www.museodelninocarolina.com/
Another great kid space in Carolina Puerto Rico:
Right down the street you can also find Aquasol at the Julia Burgos Parque which is also perfect for young children:
This article was written by Captain Tim and the Crew of Caribbean Trading Company.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.