Relax and rejuvenate with a Detox Bath. Here is our handy guide to what it is, its benefits, and how and when to do it! This is a great way to wind down and treat yourself and your body.
What is a Detox Bath?
Detox baths are a way to remove the toxins from your body. It is a way to pull out toxins caused by stress and anxiety and relax. It is also a way to give a little love to your skin and rejuvenate it.
What’s Needed for a Detox Bath?
There are a range of different products or ingredients you can use when taking a detox bath, but Epsom salt and sea salt are one of our favorite combinations. Epsom salt is a mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate. It is commonly used to ease muscle pain (whole body, feet, etc.) and has a calming effect.
Sea salt has naturally-occuring trace minerals and helps to restore these minerals in the body. Our Caribbean Trading Sea Salt retains all of the trace minerals, and so this is a really good one to use.
A 50/50 mix of the Epsom salt and sea salt is a good place to start, but you can adjust in either direction based on your personal preferences.
Some essential oils added in there are optional, but a nice touch. It adds a lovely scent to your body that will linger and has soothing properties as they aerosolize. Caribbean Trading’s Foaming Bath Salts already have essential oils included in the mix, so this is something you don’t need to worry about measuring out or using, as they have already been diluted to an appropriate level that won’t irritate your skin.
How to Setup your Detox Bath
- Fill your bath with warm (to comfortably hot)
- Add in 2 cups worth of Epsom Salt and Sea Salt combo
- Swish it around so that they are fully dissolved.
- Soak for 20 minutes to an hour. Studies have shown that the longer you’re exposed to Epsom salts, the greater your body’s absorption of its magnesium benefits.
- You can take a detox bath weekly, or even 2-3 times per week.
- Stay hydrated both before, during and after the bath as you will likely sweat through the bath and need to rehydrate.
- Don’t mix recipes as there are many different types of detox baths out there, and ingredient properties may counteract against one another.
- Light candles or incense in the bath to enhance relaxation.
Looking to add a bit of Caribbean flair to your life? Check out our online shop for gourmet hot sauces, seasonings and other Caribbean treats and Caribbean bath and body items.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.