These donut holes with a sea salt glaze are perfectly yummy! The very subtle hazelnut that is in the Cane Sugar add some extra depth and complexity. Add a little bacon to this donut holes recipe for something really out of this world! Our very own crewmember Noelia created this recipe and brought it to one of our employee monthly meetings, and you should have seen the staff descend upon them! They were so good we were all begging her to make more of them.
Ingredients needed for this Donut Holes Recipe:
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1/3 cup Caribbean Trading Hazelnut Cane sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp Caribbean Trading Sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
Salted Caramel Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
¾ cup Caribbean Trading Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
3 Tbsp milk
1. While you mix the batter, start oil heating…it’s fast!
2. Combine all the ingredients for the doughnut holes and blend.
3. When the oil is hot place teaspoons of batter in the4 hoy oil.
4. Fry about 2 minutes or until golden on both sides.
5. Drain on paper towels.
6. Mix glaze ingredients and roll doughnuts in glaze – twice if you like!
Crispy bacon is also delicious mixed into the batter!
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box: