Spice up your vegetable side dish with this baby carrots recipe. Carrots are a great source of vitamins and nutrients, but sometimes eating them can get a little boring. As a friend said, he often feels like a rabbit eating carrots all of the time! So, switching up the seasonings and flavorings can take an old tired dish and turn it into something new and exciting. This baby carrots recipe was provided by our very own Crew Member Noelia Ayala. The honey ginger balsamic provides a wonderful depth of flavor to these baby carrots.
- 2 Tbs. freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 2oz (1 sm bottle) CTC Honey-Ginger Balsamic
- 3 Tbs. cold butter
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 tsp. CTC Fine Ground Gourmet Salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Scrub carrots with a vegetable brush or peel.
- To make glaze, combine balsamic in a small pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally and watching to make sure the mixture doesn’t burn. Stir in cold butter and keep glaze warm.
- Meanwhile, bring about 1/2 inch of water and salt to a boil in a large skillet. Add carrots, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 6-7 minutes.
- Pour glaze over carrots and combine gently. Garnish with parsley.
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box: