This rum cocktail is an alternative play on a cosmopolitan. It is light and refreshing and perfect as part of a Mother’s Day brunch or barbecue. The below recipe is for one rum cocktail, but this would make for a great punch and adding a little champagne or some sprite will give it a nice punch also.
Ingredients needed for this Rum Cocktail:
- 1 1/2 ounces Bacardi or Don Q Limon Rum
- 1/2 ounce triple sec orange liqueur
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon cranberry juice
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Lime Cane Sugar for rimming the glass
- Pour the rum, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the mint leaf and let it infuse into the drink.
Happy Mother’s Day!
This article was written by Captain Tim and the Crew of Caribbean Trading Company.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram