There is nothing more Caribbean than Sparkling Hibiscus Iced Tea Recipe aka Flor de Jamaica. This sparkler drink is a cool and refreshing option. This could be turned into a cocktail as well – vodka or a nice flavored rum would be good options, perhaps a gin for a tropical take on a gin and tonic. But really, the non-alcoholic version is just a really nice refreshing drink perfect for a hot summer day! Depending on how much you like Flor de Jamaica, you may choose to not even use a sweetener.
Ingredients needed to Make Sparkling Hibiscus Iced Tea Recipe:
- 1 qt-size bag of Caribbean Trading’s Iced Hibiscus iced tea brew bag
- Sparkling Water
- Sweetener: Organic Sugar, Honey, or Maple Syrup
- Fresh Fruit (optional)
- Brew the Iced Hibiscus tea pouch blend for at least 5 minutes, using about 1/3 less water.
- Sweeten to taste with organic sugar, honey or maple syrup, while the tea is still warm.
- Cool, then pour into a tall glass of ice, about 2/3 full.
- Top it up with sparkling water. Serve with a fresh fruit garnish. Makes 2-3 glasses
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well so you can add it into your recipe box.