This hurricane cocktail recipe serves up passion fruit juice with some lime and rum. It is the perfect Caribbean cocktail! As usual, it is that time of year again when the passion fruit are falling off the vine so fast that I am struggling to find new and exciting ways to use it. I learned last year that passion fruit nectar pretty much makes any rum drink the most divine thing ever tasted. So give it a try! if you are using real passion fruit, you might want to strain out the seeds, although it is optional.
Ingredients Needed to Make this Hurricane Cocktail:
- 2 ounces passion fruit nectar
- 1 ounce lime juice (or juice of 1/2 lime)
- 1 ounce Rum
- club soda or carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- Lime Cane Sugar to rim the glass (optional)
- Combine passion fruit, rum and lime juice in a mixing glass nearly filled with ice.
- Strain into a glass nearly filled with ice. Add soda.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime.
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box:
This article was written by Captain Tim and the Crew of Caribbean Trading Company.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join Or Find us on Facebook or Instagram.