Here in the Caribbean, we get 3 varieties of sweet potatoes and we identify them by the color of their flesh. There is the white-flesh sweet potato, the yellow-flesh sweet potato, and the orange-flesh sweet potato. This particular jerk sweet potatoes recipe uses the white one.
Ingredients for Jerk Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 medium Caribbean sweet potatoes (the white ones), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon of Lively Up Lime Jerk Seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine sweet potatoes, jerk seasoning, and 2 tablespoons olive oil together and spread onto baking sheet.
- Bake sweet potatoes, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring often, until soft and translucent.
- Add in garlic and then stir in the lime zest and juice.
- Transfer cooked sweet potatoes to the skillet and toss until fully combined and coated. Serve warm. A dab of sour cream on the top pairs nicely against the jerk.
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box: