No products in the cart.
This Pineapple with Coconut-Mango Balsamic Caramel recipe is made very easy by using Caribbean Trading Company’s Coconut Balsamic Vinegar. It provides that great coconut flavor, strong yet not overpowering. It adds some extra pizazz and complexity of flavor to this recipe. This recipe was provided by our very own Crew Member Noelia Ayala.
- 1 pineapple, trimmed, cored and diced into half inch pieces
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large plain pound cake cut in half and sliced
- 1/2 cup Coconut Balsamic
- 1/5 cup Mango concentrate
- 1 Tbsp. Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- Trim and cut the pineapple. Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pineapple and a pinch of salt and cook until tender and starting to brown. Remove the pineapple to a bowl.
- Add the brown sugar to the pan. Add more butter if necessary. Cook the butter and brown sugar mixture until bubbling. Reduce the heat and add the Balsamic vinegars. The mixture will bubble up. Stir the mixture to incorporate the vinegars. Add 1/2 stick of butter and the heavy cream and simmer until reduced to a sauce consistency. Add the pineapple and warm through.
- Place the sliced pound cake on a serving plate. Top with the pineapple caramel mixture and finish with a sprinkle of sea salt.