March is a great month to visit Puerto Rico! Some of the biggest and best festivals and events are happening in March in Puerto Rico, and are not to be missed. There are so many things to do in Puerto Rico in March. Two major international tournaments take pace in March. In addition, there’s a classical music festival in full swing, a rum tasting festival brewing, and the stars of World Wrestling Entertainment coming into town. In addition, the weather in Puerto Rico is gorgeous so it is the perfect month to enjoy all of the outdoor fairs and festivals Puerto Rico has to offer….
- March 1-3: Mabó Carnaval. This fair offers music and food and can found in the town plaza of Guaynabo.
- March 1-3: Orchid Festival. This is the annual orchid show and sale, it is rather small but has some unique options. Located at: Edificio Editorial in UPR Botanical Garden, Rio Piedras
- March 4-10: El Morro Pet Fest. If you are an animal lover, be sure to visit this festival! Featuring artisans, exhibitors, non-profits, and kids’ activities. Located at: grounds of El Morro Fort, Old San Juan Click Here for more info
- March 7-10: Come to the premier PGA event in Puerto Rico; The Puerto Rico Open 2013 golf tournament will once again be held at the Trump International Golf Club in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico. the 2011 event was voted the most fan-friendly event in the PGA Tour, so you can expect a great time.
- March 7-9: Culebra Heineken International Regatta. Located at Bahia Ensenada Honda in Culebra. A sailboat regatta with boats ranging in size from Hobie Cats and Sunfish to larger sailboats
- Mar 7-10: The World Baseball Classic – Pool C. Teams will include Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Venezuela and a qualifier winner to be determined.
Located at the Hiram Bithorn Stadium. Click Here for more info
- March 16: Before we get to the rum fest later this month, we have a Sangria Fest, which takes place at the Puerto Rico Convention Center. According to them, it’s the largest sangria event in the world, so if wine and fruit are your thing, you won’t want to miss it!
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in Luquillo. Starts at 1pm.
- Through March 17: The internationally renowned Casals Festival continues into March, and this year features pianist Valentina Lisitsa, the Kandinsky Trio and the Figueroa Quartet, to name just a few world-class performers. Events will be held at the Luis A. Ferre Performing Arts Center in San Juan
- Mar 15-17: Sweet Orange Festival. This annual orange festival features local dishes and drinks made with sweet oranges. Located at: Town plaza in Las Marias
- March 21-24: The annual Heineken Jazz Festivalis one of the most important musical events in the Caribbean, and draws global talent to the Tito Puente Amphitheater in San Juan. This year is no different, with icons like Paco de Lucia, Dee Dee Bridgewater and Abraham Laboriel set to participate.
- March 23-24: Día de la Salsa. This festival is celebrated with a variety of Salsa music. Located at: Plaza de Recreo de Carolina
- March 23-24: Whale Festival. Located at Lighthouse Park in Rincon, this festival wraps up the end of the whale watching season on the west coast.
- March 23-24: Dulce Sueño Paso Fino Fair. Held in Guayama, the two-day Dulce Sueño Paso Fino Fair showcases the island’s famous Paso Fino horses, which are bred and trained to walk with a smooth, distinctive gait.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.