Super easy and fast, this melted cheese toastie (or grilled cheese) has a good level of heat, and the spiciness will nicely counterbalance against a tomato soup. The balance of sharp cheddar and pickles with pimientos and a garlic hot sauce all come together with this recipe. If you are looking for more heat, just up the heat level of your hot sauce, but the On the Plank has a nice counterbalance of garlic with a touch of heat that makes for a nice combination.
- 8 oz. grated aged white cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pimientos
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Dollop of On the Plank Garlic Habañero Crushed Pepper Sauce
- 4 slices of a thick, hearty bread
Directions to Make the Cheese Toastie:
- Mix all ingredients together and then spread on bread slices.
- Broil in oven for approximately 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasty.
Liked this cheese toastie recipe? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.