Rincon is a sleepy little beach town on the west coast of Puerto Rico. Nestled in the northwest corner, it often feels like a world of its’ own. None of the major highways go through the town so it has maintained a slower, low-key feel. It is one of the few towns where the town plaza remains the center of town life and it is a bustling area full of restaurants and shops.
This town is particularly known for it’s surfing and beaches… and there are plenty of places to stay in small hotels, paradors and vacation rentals. You will find lots to do in the area – especially if watersports are what you are looking for. Many of the restaurants offers excellent dining and a variety of cuisines, and you will find many gift shops, galleries, and surf shops for your shopping needs. In addition, the town is a good base in which to explore the west coast of Puerto Rico. And don’t forget to visit us in our Rincon store for your souvenirs! Take the Master of Pain Hot Sauce Tasting Challenge.
Some of the major attractions in Rincon are:
- Beaches – Marias, Domes,
- Whale Watching – January through March
- Sailing trips to Mona and Desecheo – known as the Galapagos of the Caribbean
Some useful and fun links:
- Rincon Archives: this set has old photographs of Rincon throughout the years
- El Coqui Magazine: great tourism magazine
- Surfing Report: Swell Info Rincon Surf Report,
- Surfrider Foundation: surfriderricon.org