We are excited to announce our 3rd Caribbean Twitter TweetChat focused on the Caribbean and Cruising on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 from 7-8pm EST. We will be chatting with Rich Tucker of CruiseDeals as our guest. @CruiseDeals specializes in in Caribbean Cruise Deals, and is the only cruise-focused travel agency on Twitter that has a verified twitter account. Money Magazine, NY Times, and Travel & Leisure Magazine have all recommended following the @CruiseDeals Twitter account for getting great cruise deal alerts. Rich Tucker, the cruise geek behind the @CruiseDeals Twitter account won the Shorty Award for best Travel Content on Twitter in 2008 with the @CruiseSource account representing https://CruiseSource.us – which is the one of the original cruise industry blogs started by Rich in 2007. He has a passion for cruising and we are excited to hear his expert advice and insights on getting great cruise deals in the Caribbean.
TweetChat Important Details:
Tuesday, August 20 from 7-8pm EST
Two ways you can attend #CaribbeanChat:
1. Log into Twitter at the start of the chat and search #CaribbeanChat. You will want to search “all Tweets” because “top Tweets” may skip important contributions to the chat. You’ll continue searching this hashtag as a means of keeping
2. Log into a hashtag following or social media service with your Twitter account information. Examples include: TweetChat.com, Twub.com, Hootsuite.com, Sprout Social, etc. Enter the hashtag #CaribbeanChat and automatically the service will list in chronological order all tweets that are using the same hashtag.the chat updated. In order to participate in the chat, all of your tweets must include the tag #CaribbeanChat.
Please join Caribbean Trading and Uncommon Caribbean on July 16, 2013 from 7-8pm EST in what will be an inspiring, informative and rummy #CaribbeanChat.
What is a TweetChat?
A Tweet Chat (aka Twit Chat or Twitter Chat) is a guided conversation between Twitter users on a preselected date and time. The Tweet Chat can be easily followed because everyone uses the same hashtag on all of the Tweets (in this case #CaribbeanChat). Everyone is welcome to join a Tweet Chat!
Tweet Chats are awesome places to network, they are a great way to get new Twitter followers with similar interests and also attract new followers! At a Tweet Chat there are opportunities for all attendees to interact, ask questions and share stories.
Tweet Chat Tips (for participants)
- Say hello when you join and sign off with a goodbye when you leave.
- Tell people you’ll follow them with hopes they’ll follow you back and you can form a relationship. I often say “Great to meet everyone! I’ll be following all of the new friends I met on #CaribbeanChat!”
- Be respectful of the hashtag. If you start pasting it to unrelated Tweets you’ll look 1. Rude, 2. Spammy, 3. Like an over promoter.
- Join in! Ask a question, RT a great answer, comment … it’s a chat and the more friends that are contributing the better!
- If you like the chat, contact the host afterwards and offer to be a featured guest or ask if you could submit a topic or question for an upcoming chat.
Hopefully this explains what a Tweet Chat (or Twitter Chat) works! We hope you will join us on August 20th for our first ever Caribbean CruiseTweet Chat!
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.