Old San Juan in Puerto Rico is a 465-year-old neighborhood originally conceived as a military stronghold. Its 7-square-block area has evolved into a charming residential and commercial district. Protected by its two proud forts, the walled city of San Juan recalls a past era, and yet dazzles with sophisticated restaurants, charming hotels, and a sizzling nightlife. This historic area of San Juan boasts many boutique style high-end hotels and some mid-range hotel options. There are also several plazas and parks that are worth visiting while in Old San Juan.
We definitely recommend staying at a hotels in Old San Juan to get the feeling for the nightlife and the ebb and flow of the old city from day into night.
Hotels in Old San Juan:
- Hotel El Convento: This historic landmark was once a 17th Century Carmelite convent, but I bet the nuns who called this place home never got to live like the current guests do. The boutique hotel is a perfect balance of historic majesty and modern luxury.
- Chateau Cervantes: This all-suite boutique hotel offers unbeatable style, service and amenities.
- The Gallery Inn: The Gallery Inn, a stunning twenty-two room boutique hotel, sits high aloft the Old City’s North Wall, commanding sensuous Atlantic Ocean breezes and gorgeous views to the South over the entire San Juan Bay and mountainous central regions of Puerto Rico.
- Hotel Milano: Affordable, nice hotel centrally located within walking distance of Old San Juan’s many tourist attractions and the cruise harbor.
- S.J. Suites: S.J. Suites Hotel is located in Heart of Old San Juan. S.J. Suites was declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in (1983).
- Sheraton Old San Juan: Experience the heart and soul of Old San Juan by staying in the middle of this historic, charming, oceanfront town. Sheraton Old San Juan is the only casino is this area of town, with over 350 state of the art slot machines.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.