This Caribbean Plantain Salad recipe is excellent for a weekend family gathering. Filled with tropical flavors and super easy to make, this is a favorite at our summer barbecues! It is a play off of a traditional potato salad, except it has sweet potatoes and plantains.
Ingredients Needed for this Caribbean Plantain Salad:
- 1 1b. Sweet Potato, unpeeled and diced
- 1/4lb. Plantain, diced
- 1/4lb. Mangoes, diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 c. guava nectar
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. Cane Sugar
- Boil potatoes and plantains separately until tender, then drain and cool.
- Marinate in the guava nectar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk vinegar and sugar, and then add in oil.
- Dice all vegetables and toss mango, peppers and tomatoes in mixture. Add potatoes and plantains.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
To add a little kick, considering adding in (or serving with) Caribbean Trading Company’s Fire Roasted Garlic Infused Crushed Pepper Sauce. This hot sauce will give it a little extra kick and the roasted smokiness of the peppers will add a nice flavor profile to this dish.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.