This Caribbean Plantain Salad recipe is excellent for a weekend family gathering. Filled with tropical flavors and super easy to make, this is a favorite at our summer barbecues! It is a play off of a traditional potato salad, except it has sweet potatoes and plantains.
Ingredients Needed for this Caribbean Plantain Salad:
- 1 1b. Sweet Potato, unpeeled and diced
- 1/4lb. Plantain, diced
- 1/4lb. Mangoes, diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 c. guava nectar
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. Cane Sugar
- Boil potatoes and plantains separately until tender, then drain and cool.
- Marinate in the guava nectar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk vinegar and sugar, and then add in oil.
- Dice all vegetables and toss mango, peppers and tomatoes in mixture. Add potatoes and plantains.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
To add a little kick, considering adding in (or serving with) Caribbean Trading Company’s Fire Roasted Garlic Infused Crushed Pepper Sauce. This hot sauce will give it a little extra kick and the roasted smokiness of the peppers will add a nice flavor profile to this dish.
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box:
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.