Baked Beans is an all-time favorite American dish and with this baked beans recipe, you can give a Caribbean twist to it with this quick and easy Caribbean food recipe. The sweetness of the apples paired with the zest of the curry makes for an excellent dish.
To add a little kick, considering adding in (or serving with) Caribbean Trading Company’s Curried Pineapple/Orange Habanero Crushed Pepper Sauce. This hot sauce will give it a little extra kick and the curry of the hot sauce will complement this dish perfectly.
- 1lb. White Beans, dry
- 5.5 cups of water
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/3 c. sweet pickle relish, drained of liquid
- 2/3 c. honey
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. Mustard, stone ground preferable
Directions on how to make this Curry Baked Beans Recipe:
- Combine beans and water and refrigerate overnight. Change water and bring to boil, simmering for 2 hours.
- Drain beans, but save the liquid.
- Combine beans with all ingredients in a baking dish, and just cover the mixture with the bean liquid. Bake covered for 1 hour at 300 degrees. Stir and bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes.
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box:
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.