No products in the cart.
I recently became obsessed with the Caribbean sweet potato, known as a Batata in Puerto Rico. It has such great flavoring – not as sweet as the traditional orange variety, and still filled with all of those great healthy vitamins. It got me thinking on what else I could be doing with the Batata…
1 can crab meat (120g)
pinch black pepper
1 tablespoon mayonaise
1 cup bread crumbs
1 lb Caribbean sweet potato
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chopped parsely
1 tablespoon chopped red onion
1 tbsp. of Scotch Bonnet Mango Madness
1 scallion diced
1 cup veg oil for frying
- Drain and squeeze the crab meat.
- Boil the Potatoes in salted water until a fork runs through them and then mash.
- Cool the sweet potaoes, and mix in the rest of the ingredients except for the bread crumbs and crab.
- Fold in the crab meat, and chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Roll into balls (golf ball size), and then roll the balls in the bread crumbs, pressing down gently so the crumbs hold on.
- Heat the vegetable oil on medium (olive oil will give it a good flavor as well) in a wide pan, then press down on each crab cake ball to form a sort of patty.
- Fry them up until golden brown.