These sweet potato crab cakes are so delicious! I recently became obsessed with the Caribbean sweet potato, known as a Batata in Puerto Rico. It has such great flavoring – not as sweet as the traditional orange variety, and still filled with all of those great healthy vitamins. It got me thinking on what else I could be doing with the Batata…
1 can crab meat (120g)
pinch black pepper
1 tablespoon mayonaise
1 cup bread crumbs
1 lb Caribbean sweet potato
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon chopped parsely
1 tablespoon chopped red onion
1 tbsp. of Scotch Bonnet Mango Medley
1 scallion diced
1 cup veg oil for frying
- Drain and squeeze the crab meat.
- Boil the Potatoes in salted water until a fork runs through them and then mash.
- Cool the sweet potaoes, and mix in the rest of the ingredients except for the bread crumbs and crab.
- Fold in the crab meat, and chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Roll into balls (golf ball size), and then roll the balls in the bread crumbs, pressing down gently so the crumbs hold on.
- Heat the vegetable oil on medium (olive oil will give it a good flavor as well) in a wide pan, then press down on each crab cake ball to form a sort of patty.
- Fry them up until golden brown.
Hope you enjoyed this sweet potato crab cakes recipe! You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box: