The Rio Mar Resort, located in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico has been open for many a year and is one of the founding resorts on the eastern coast of Puerto Rico. But just because it is an oldie doesn’t mean it isn’t a goodie… sometimes in the thirst for the new, we forget the standard that has produced consistent value and service over the years. Of course, the resort is continually being updated, so there really is nothing ‘old’ about it. Well, the Rio Mar Resort is right across the street from us here at Caribbean Trading Company. As such, we often have friends, family, and customers that stay at the Rio Mar, and we know they are in good hands.
The Rio Mar Resort is a leader in luxury, and here is why:
- Located mid-way between Fajardo and San Juan, and nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the El Yunque National Forest, it is ideally located to access all of the attractions and sights available in the eastern and Metro San Juan area. It is only a short drive from the rainforest, the Bio-Bay, Day Sails and Old San Juan.
- Offers breathtaking views of the ocean and the rainforest
- The on-site beach is perfection! Gently lapping waves and all of the attached amenities like a beach bar, showers and bathrooms make this the perfect beach to relax on.
- An amazing golf course designed by champions Tom and George Fazio and Greg Norman.
- Excellent Dining: From Shimas their Japanese Restaurant to Palio, with an Italian cuisine, the Rio Mar offers excellent culinary options
- Casino: The Casino is 7,000 sq. ft. and each square inch of it is devoted to casino fun. One of the busiest casinos on the island, and the only one currently operating in eastern Puerto Rico, the casino is lots of fun.
And of course, don’t forget to visit us at the Caribbean Trading Company Store when you visit for all your travel and souvenir/gifting needs! Click here to get directions on how to get to us (approximately 10 minutes from the Resort).
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join