The El Conquistador Resort is located in Fajardo, at the very northeastern tip of Puerto Rico. It is a AAA Four Diamond Award-winner resort. Perched high on a cliff face 300 feet above sea level, it offers awesome views of the ocean and the small islands and cays off the northeastern coast of Puerto Rico. Opened in 1962, it was the first resort on the eastern end of Puerto Rico. Since then, it has undergone continual expansions and renovations to make it a world class resort and an excellent destination for individual and group travel.
Features and Amenities include:
- Golf: A 72-par – 18 hole golf course designed by Arthur Hill course allows you to see unbelievable vistas for miles in all directions.
- Restaurants: There are 23 restaurants/cafes/bars on property ranginf from bars and café’s, casual to fine dining.
- Shopping: There are over 15 shops located in the resort to suit all of your tropical, resort and souvenir needs.
- Private Marina: The resort boasts a 35-slip private marina, with easy access to the cool sea waters. It is the launching pad for trips to Palomino, Scuba Diving and features an open air restaurant.
- Spa: The Waldorf Astoria Spa boasts a full service spa. Enjoy a massage or a soothing treatment
- Las Casitas: For those looking for a private villa experience with upgraded service, Las Casitas may be the resort for you. Enjoying sweeping ocean views, fully equipped kitchens, and personalized butler service, this resort is adjacent to the El Conquistador and enjoys all of the amenities of the El Con resort. There are 157 one- to three- bedroom luxury casitas
- Palomino Island: a 100-acre private island oasis reached by a water taxi from the resort’s marina. Palm trees and lounge chairs line the white sand beaches, and waiters come around to take your piña colada order. Spend the day snorkeling among rainbows of coral. The island also features horseback riding, some great shops (including the Caribbean Trading Company Island Outpost Gift Shop), and beach activities. To learn more about the things to do on Palomino Island, visit our Top 5 Palomino List.
- Coqui Water Park: Offering the only expansive state-of-the-art water park in the Caribbean. It is fun for the whole family! Drift along on the lazy river. Find adventure on the rope bridge. Experience the thrill of one of the many slides.
The El Conquistador is the ideal space for meetins, conventions and weddings. The largest ballroom in Puerto Rico offers 21,090 square feet of space. With many spaces across the resort for special events and over 1000 guest rooms, the resort can hosr large conventions, but also has the ability to offer intimacy to the smaller groups.
In addition to these great activities and amenities, the resort also has provided some new and trendy adventures to help you one enjoy all that the resort offers:
- Art Walk: The hotel has a large art catalog, including some Botellos. Grab one of their Art Walk maps from the concierge and spend some time exploring all of the excellent artwork in the resort’s portfolio.
- Scout About: At a recent stay at the resort, this program was a huge hit with the Cabin Boys – they still have the bracelets and considered the search a highlight of their visit. Throughout the resort, you will find many Points of Discovery to explore. Use the map to search high and low, and collect the color-coded ScoutAbout Bands along the way.
As the resort is located in Fajardo, guests at the hotel are perfectly positioned to enjoy the best water activities: the islands and cays off of Fajardo boast excellent visibility and flora and fauna. In addition, one is in walking distance to the Bioluminescent Bay and the oldest lighthouse in Puerto Rico Las Cabezas de San Juan Lighthouse is right around the corner. Fajardo is also the launching point for trips out to Vieques and Culebra, and a 15 minute drive from El Yunque Rainforest.
Vintage El Conquistador Puerto Rico:
And just because it’s fun to see how things change over the years, here are a couple of pictures from the 1960’s:
Did You Know? In the 1960’s, its circular casino was featured in the last minutes of the film Goldfinger.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram