This summer chickpea salad is a favorite among the crew. It is perfect for those sultry tropical days. We use it as a main dish for a light lunch or dinner, but it is also great to bring for a potluck barbecues. Sure to please the vegetarians among you! And the carnivores will love it too! Chickpeas are a good source of plant-based protein, providing about 11 grams per 1-cup serving.
Ingredients Needed to Make the Chickpea Salad:
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning, to taste
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients together.
In a separate bowl mix the lemon juice and Adobo. Whisk in the olive oil slowly until it has been combined together. Toss the dry ingredients with the liquid mix until fully combined. Chickpea salad is best served chilled.