Pineapple relish paired with this Rum Spiced Steak offers a truly Caribbean inspiration to your steak dish. The pineapple relish adds a nice citrusy-y flavor and balances out nicely with the rum spice and Worcestershire. Rum and pineapple are a natural dynamic duo!
Preparing the Pineapple Relish:
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped red jalapeno chile
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh chives
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- In a medium bowl, combine all relish ingredients. Let stand 30 minutes so the flavors meld.
- This can be prepared in advance and placed in refrigerator.
Preparing the Steak
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Rum Spice Grill Seasoning
- 4 (1/2-inch thick) boneless beef N.Y. strip steaks
- In a small bowl, stir together Worcestershire sauce, Rum Spice Grill Seasoning, and oil.
- Pat steaks dry, brush both sides with Worcestershire/Spice mix and throw on the barbecue.
- Cook to desired doneness. (Although we recommend no more than medium)
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Serve with relish.
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box: