Yum! These Tequila Lime Seafood Skewers are light and citrus-y and perfect on the barbecue. This will pair nicely with a side of rice – either white or whole grain. Also consider quinoa or a rice pilaf.
Ingredients Needed for the Tequila Lime Seafood Skewers:
- 8 ounces unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 8 ounces grouper fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Limin’ Times Seafood Seasoning
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
- Coat 12-inch metal skewers with cooking spray.
- Alternately thread shrimp, grouper, salmon, snow peas, bell pepper, and pineapple on skewers. Place kebabs in a shallow dish.
- Combine lime rind and next 7 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over kebabs.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove kebabs from marinade.
- Grill, with lid closed, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. (During grilling, baste occasionally with marinade.)
- Serve immediately.
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box: