Tired of the same old chicken sandwich? This Jamaican Jerk Chicken Burger recipe puts a delicious Caribbean twist on your standard chicken sandwich recipe. This recipe takes a lot of the guesswork and effort out of making the jerk as we are starting with Caribbean Trading’s Lively Up Lime Jerk Seasoning. It’s an easy way to bring a little sweet and heat and smoky flavor with a dash of citrus-y lime to the dish without a lot of effort. The seasoning strikes just the right balance of sweet, heat, and smokey. The perfect weeknight or summer grilling recipe!
Ingredients Needed to Make the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Burger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Lively Up Lime Jerk Seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Whisk together the jerk seasoning, garlic, soy sauce, and vegetable oil together.
- Pour the marinade max into a large, shallow dish, add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight so the flavor really infuses.
- Grill the chicken over a medium-hot heat, turning occasionally, until well browned and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Start building your Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sandwich.
Toppings are critical on this burger. Because you are getting the smoky hot pepper heat from the jerk sauce, your burger will be next level if you have the right topping to include on the burger. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Pineapple – slice up a pineapple and get that on there. Some extra tropical flavor, and the pineapple really balances it out. Extra points if you grill these up as you’ll get a little bit of caramelization!
- Coleslaw – a traditional slaw is also a good option.
- Cheese – a PepperJack or a Sharp Cheddar are good options. A sharp cheese is definitely necessary to hold its own against the jerk seasoning.
- Garlic Mayonnaise Spread or MayoKetchup will work well (Get the MayoKetchup recipe)
- Vegetables and Greens – some nice lettuce or spinach is a good option. Also, avocado, onion and tomato will work well.
- Roasted Bell Peppers- a yellow or red bell pepper is a good addition.
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box: