Are you looking for a delicious sweet heat appetizer recipe that will be sure to WOW your friends and family? This might be the right honey hot wings recipe for you – it is pretty easy to make, and they are finger-lickin’ good. Be sure to have extra napkins on hand and also something that will help beat the heat like a dipping sauce or celery stalks.
Total Cook time: 50 minutes
Ingredients Needed to Make Honey Hot Wings
- 20 pieces chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 ounces oil
- 1 5 oz. hot sauce (we used Fire Roasted Habañero Garlic Infused Crushed Pepper Sauce to add a bit of smoky)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- Celery (optional)
- Combine all of the spices together in a small bowl and then coat the chicken with the seasoning mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place all of the wings on a baking sheet that has been pre-coated with olive oil.
- Cook the chicken until done, approx. 25 minutes.
- While baking, mix the hot sauce, white vinegar, cane sugar and honey together. When the wings are done, coat them with this mixture.
- Put the wings back on a sheet pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes more to really infuse the flavors.
- Serve with a ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
You can find this recipe on our Yummly Page as well. Hit the Yum Button so you can add it into your recipe box: