April is a great month to visit Puerto Rico! There are so many things to do in Puerto Rico and some of the biggest and best festivals and Events in Puerto Rico April and are not to be missed.
- April 4-7 –Saborea Fest 2013 World-famous Escambrón Beach takes center stage in a flavorful weekend, with tastings from 50 restaurants per day of the island’s finest restaurants, plus rums, wine, beer, distilled spirits, and 50 international and local culinary personalities! This year’s lineup includes local celebrity chefs, such as Fernando Parrilla, Augusto Schreiner, Mario Pagan and Roberto Treviño, among others, as well as several international stars, namely Chef Robert Irvine, of the Food Network’s “Restaurant Impossible,” Kevin Sbraga, winner of the seventh edition of Top Chef DC, and Marc Summers, host of the Food Network’s “Unwrapped.”
- April 8 -14: 6th Annual Rincon International Film Festival. The Rincon International Film Festival is recognized as the largest film festival in Puerto Rico and screens more Puerto Rican films than any other festival in the world. Click Here for more Info
- April 13: The 8th Tinglar Festival located in Luquillo in the town plaza. Music, artisans, food and lots of activities for kids, along with great educational/informational booths. 10am-10pm
- April 13-14: Festival of the Tomato in Jayuya, Complejo Deportivo Filiberto García. This town is known as the ‘Pueblo del Tomate’ (town of the tomatoes). This event is a celebration of the tomatoes and includes music, games and food kiosks jayuya.puertorico.pr/turismo.htm
- April 19-21: Festival del Apio (Celery) Celery festival and farmers’ market with crafts and artisans. Located in Estacionamiento Municipal Techado, Barranquitas
- April 19-21: Festival of Corn (Maiz) Plaza Pública Juan Francisco Arroyo. A cultural fair that includes dance groups, music, food kiosks serving typical foods and presentations regarding the town’s agricultural heritage. Click HERE for more info.
- April 20: El Yunque Clean-up. Annual forest volunteer clean-up activity in EL Yunque Rainforest. You can contact them to sign up.
- Apr 27-28: 1797 San Juan Attack Commemoration. Annual event commemorating the 1797 defense of San Juan, with military drills, firing demonstration and educational programs. Living history volunteers dressed in period costumes are expected to help bring the past to life for park visitors. Located at: El Morro and San Cristobal Forts. Click Here for more info
- Entire month of April: April is the start of Sea Turtle Hatching period. All along the north coast and in Culebra, sea turtles are coming in to lay their eggs. The eggs are protected and volunteers babysit them to ensure their safety. For volunteer opportunities, you can contact the following organizations: Coralations and Conserve
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.