It is Cookie Month and we are celebrating with this easy and yummy Coconut Mango cookies recipe. It may be winter and cold outside but that doesn’t mean that you can’t bring a bit of the tropics into your house! Enjoy, or as we say here in Puerto Rico, Buen Provecho! This is a recipe to make Refrigerator Cookies – these are great for making in advance and then pulling out portions only when you need them. The dough should hold in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks…
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of one lime
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
3/4 cup sweetened coconut
1/2 cup dried mangoes, chopped fine
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, vanilla and lime zest. Add egg and mix well;
3. Add flour, one cup at a time, mixing until just incorporated before adding next cup; repeat. Add coconut and mangoes and mix well;
4. Turn out mixture onto flat surface and form into 8″ logs; wrap securely in plastic wrap and place in the freezer until ready to use;
5. To bake immediately, allow to chill in the freezer until dough is somewhat firm. Using a sharp knife (serrated worked well for me), slice 1/4″ thick slices and place about an inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheet;
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cookies are a light golden color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.