When ready to fry, fill a large heavy pot with enough vegetable oil to measure 1 1/2 inches up the side of the pan and heat to 350 degrees F.
Step One: Prepping the Fish
- 2 catfish fillets (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into roughly 2.5” by 1” strips
- 1.5 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean Trading Company Gourmet Lively Up Lime Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, mix together buttermilk, eggs, Caribbean Trading Company Gourmet Lively Up Lime Jerk Seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour into a large plastic bag add catfish strips. Removing air, seal bag, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Step Two: Breading the Fish
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
While fish is sitting in the refrigerator, place flour in a shallow bowl. Combine the bread crumbs with sugar and place in another shallow bowl. Remove fish from the buttermilk mixture and coat lightly with flour. Place strips back in the buttermilk and then lightly coat fish in the bread crumb mixture.
Step Three: Frying the Fish
Fry strips in batches for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Serve catfish sticks with dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean Trading Company On the Plank Seafood Lover’s Hot Sauce
- 1.5 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until serving.