This easy swiss grilled cheese vegetarian sandwich can be made- to-order or pre-prepped for grilling while out and about.
Step One: Prepping the Mango Salsa
- 1/2 mango, 1/4-inch diced
- 1/4 red onion, 1/4-inch diced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, 1/4-inch diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, mix together mango, red onion, bell pepper, lime juice, sugar, salt, and pepper using a wooden spoon. Set aside until ready for use.
Step Two: Building the Sandwich
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean Trading Company Island Magic Grill Seasoning
- 8 slices fresh Italian bread
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, (8 ounces)
In a small bowl, mix the butter and Caribbean Trading Company Sweet Orange Habanero Seasoning together. Spread butter mixture on 1 side of each slice of bread. Place 4 slices of bread on your work surface, buttered side down and spread the honey mustard on the side facing up. Layer about 2 tablespoons of the mango salsa on top of the honey mustard followed by the Swiss cheese. Place the remaining 4 bread slices on top, buttered side up.
Step Three: Grilling the Swiss Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Add the remaining butter mixture to a nonstick skillet on medium heat for 2 minutes. Put the sandwiches in the skillet and cover with lid to ensure even cooking. Flip the sandwiches when underside is golden and press very firmly, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Turn once more, press with a spatula, and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from pan, cut diagonally and garnish with left over mango salsa.