Treat your mom to a special Mother’s Day cocktail for her special day. The “Pretty in Pink” will bring a smile to her face! It’s bubbly, sweet and a tiny bit tart all at the same time. Kind of like mom? Happy Mother’s Day!
- 3 tsp. simple syrup (see Note, below)
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces vodka
- ⅛ cup cranberry juice
- Prosecco or other sparkling wine
- Mint leaves
Note: Simple Syrup is made with equal parts sugar and water. In a saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a gentle boil, stirring continuously until the sugar has fully dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool completely before use. Pour into a jar or other container. Any leftover syrup can be stored int he refrigerator for several weeks. For this recipe, use ½ cup each of sugar and water to make enough syrup, especially if you want a second round of this yummy Mother’s Day cocktail!
- Muddle together simple syrup, mint and lime in a shaker.
- Add ice, vodka, 1/8 cup cranberry juice and shake well.
- Strain mixture into four champagne glasses, evenly and top off with prosecco.
- Garnish with mint.
- You can also rim the edge of your glass in sugar for an extra sweet touch! Try our Lime Cane Sugar to bring out more of the lime flavor in the drink.