A Ham and Cheese Frittatas is so easy to make and are great for breakfast, brunch or even dinner. This ham frittata recipe will blow you away! You can basically throw just about anything in there and it is a really good way to use up extra ingredients you have in the fridge… I used Caribbean Trading’s Habanero Mango Mustard in this recipe which gave it a bit of a kick. It paired really nicely with the tomatoes and ham. Some cheese could definitely be added into the recipe as well for extra yumminess.
Ingredients Needed for the Ham and Cheese Frittata:
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean Trading’s Caribbean Spicy Mustard
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup cheese (your choice)
- Whisk the eggs vigorously. Mix in the mustard, milk, salt and pepper. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In an ovenproof pan, thoroughly cook the onions and peppers in the olive oil. Turn the heat to medium-high and pour the eggs into the pan.
- Let the eggs set for several seconds. With a heatproof rubber spatula, gently stir the eggs, starting from the center. This stirring makes the frittata puff up more in the oven.
- Lift the edges so that the eggs flow to the bottom. When the frittata is half-set, add the ham and tomato.
- Transfer the pan to the heated oven. Cook for about 10 minutes until golden brown on the top..