Another month in 2012 has officially ended and once again we find ourselves looking forward into November. As we begin to make preparations for the holidays, Puerto Rico is alive and thriving, with events ranging from the Rum & Beer Festival to Discovery of Puerto Rico Day to Thanksgiving. No matter what you’re interested in, we guarantee that you’ll find something sweet to satisfy your cravings in November (and if you can’t, then try one of our Caribbean Treats instead!).
Events in Puerto Rico November 2012:
- November 2-13: The Encanto World Series Bodyboarding Championship at Middles Beach in Isabela
- November 2: Pitbull’s Planet Pit World Tour stops at the Coliseo in San Juan. Brazilian singer Michel Teló will join him.
- November 3-4: Gaming Xplosion Fest takes over the Puerto Rico Convention Center. NLA Star Darryl Dawkins will be in attendance to tip off NBA 2K13.
- November 3-4: The Annual National Troubadour & Artisan Festival takes place at the Botanical Garden in Caguas
- November 9-11: Sailfish Fishing Tournament – A catch and release tournament for families at the Cangrejos Yacht Club in Vega Alta. Catch the largest fish and receive a GRAND prize!
- November 10-11: The Ponce Yacht & Fishing Club hosts over 50 competitors at Discover the Caribbean: Sailboat Regatta.
- November 10-12: As a Veteran’s Day Weekend celebration, receive Free Admission to El Morro & Fort San Cristobal in Old San Juan.
- November 11: The Diva Half Marathon in San Juan takes off.
- November 11: El Gran Combo performs at the Coliseo in San Juan to celebrate 50 Years of Glorious Salsa Music
- November 12-18: Puerto Rico hoste 8th stop in the 11-tournament PGA Latinoamerica Tour, the PGA Puerto Rico Classic, at Dorado Beach Resort.
- November 15 – 18: The NCAA brings 8 college basketball teams (and 12 games) to San Juan for the Puerto Rico Tipoff. College teams include NC State, Tennessee, Oklahoma State and UMass, among many others.
- November 15 – 18: Saltimbanco, another fantastic Cirque du Soleil production, comes to Puerto Rico.
- November 15 – January 3: Hiram Bithorm stadium is transformed by La Feria into an amusement park and family fun park, which remains open through November and December, until January 3rd.
- November 16-19: The Artisans Fair, featuring food, music, and artisans at Christopher Colombus Square in Aguada.
- November 16-19: Jayuya National Indigenous Festival, featuring culture and traditions of the Tainos, including their food, music, and games, along with over 100 exhibitors takes place at Nemeso Canales Square in Jayuya.
- November 17 – 18: A Foodies Dream! The Puerto Rico Convention Center will host the Puerto Rico Rum & Beer Festival, which brings hundreds of exhibitors to Puerto Rico to showcase their foods, beers and of course, rums! Get your taste buds ready!
- November 18: Get your run on at the XTERRA Trail Run in Cerro Gordo.
- November 19: Celebrate Discovery of Puerto Rico Day in Aguada with a traditional parade to commemorate the event.
- November 21-25: The Annual Platos Tipicos de Luquillo Festival, featuring games, food, live music and sporting events at the Luquillo Town Square.
- November 22: Celebrate Thanksgiving in Puerto Rico’s countryside with Legends of Puerto Rico’s Thanksgiving Tour, where you’ll get a taste of a Traditional Puerto Rican Thanksgiving.
- November 22 – 25: Celebrate Thanksgiving Puerto Rican Style – with great food and family. (Next week we’ll post our favorite recipes for a Puerto Rican Thanksgiving)
- November 23 – 25: Orocovis hosts the 12th Annual Festival del Pastel, which celebrates the Puerto Rican Pasteal – a traditional and iconic food of the Puerto Rican Christmas season.
- November 30-December 2: Annual Mountain Festival & Turkey Marathon at the Ruiz Belvis Plaza and Caguitas Stadium in Aibonito
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join