It is National Soup Month! We are celebrating with this awesome chicken soup recipe using Jerk. This jerk chicken soup recipe is perfect for that cold winter night while you are dreaming of the Caribbean. It offers a slightly different take that will break the routine of those basic chicken soups. The sweet and heat of the jerk will warm you right up. Enjoy!
Ingredients Needed to Make the Jerk Chicken Soup Recipe:
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 peeled carrots, chopped
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- ¾ c. diced potatoes
- 1 ½ cup whole mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lbs. bone in chicken thighs
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp. all-purpose seasoning
What to do:
- Cut and cube the veggies and potatoes.
- Saute the onions in the olive oil until they soften.
- Start a pot with the chicken borth over low heat and then add in the onion, vegetables and chicken, and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for at least 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked and falls off bone and the vegetables are tender.