No products in the cart.
You may wonder what a wingding is…it’s a noisy lively party or festivity. The Sweet n Smoky Jerk Wing Sauce offers the traditional Jamaican jerk flavor with a fruity sweetness and heat from the habanero. The KooKoo Cumin Wing Sauce offers the cumin-based flavor profiles of the West Indies in the Caribbean, with peppers, garlic, and a touch of sweetness. These sauces join Caribbean Trading Company’s line of over twenty gourmet Caribbean products and are a culmination of over four months of in-store taste testing and voting by our customers. The new sauces are available in-store at the Company Store in Rio Grande, can be purchased online, and are also available to retailers at wholesale prices.
Wings are a great appetizer for any lively party and the perfect way to celebrate our new wing sauces…
How to Prepare Perfect Caribbean Wings with our Wing Sauces:
Preparation: Grill, bake, or fry chicken wings according to your preference. Warm sauce over low heat but do not boil. Pour sauce liberally over wings and toss to coat evenly. Enjoy!
Healthier Alternative: Place chicken pieces on a skewer and grill on barbecue. Lightly coat chicken with sauce in final 2 minutes of cooking.
So of course we will have wings at our Wingding Launch Party, but we were looking to showcase our new flavors in other ways too, so we developed a couple of other ideas that are real crowd pleasers as well. Here are a couple of recipes using the wing sauces that we will be serving up at our Caribbean Wings Wingding Launch Party….
KooKoo Cumin Fries
1 pkg. frozen french fries
KooKoo Cumin Wing Sauce, to taste
Munster Cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper (optional)
- Bake or fry your frozen French fries, according to package directions.
- About 10 minutes before your fries are done, melt butter in medium sauce pan, over low heat.
- When butter is melted, stir in KooKoo Cumin Wing sauce. Heat until a little more than warm, but not boiling.
- Once fries are done, place them on a plate and put shredded munster on top. Microwave until melted.
- Once melted, take out of microwave. Pour sauce mixture over fries.
KooKoo Cumin Chicken Wrap
Chicken Breasts, cooked and sliced into strips
KooKoo Cumin Wing Sauce, to taste
- Spread some KooKoo Cumin Wing Sauce on the tortilla and layer other ingredients on top. Roll and enjoy! For an appetizer, make wraps and slice into 1 inch thick slices.
Sweet n Smoky Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls
12 egg roll wrappers
1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
1/2- 2/3 cup Sweet n Smoky Jerk Wing Sauce
1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces)
1 cup dry coleslaw
Small bowl of water
Nonstick cooking spray
Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay egg roll wrappers on a clean work surface. In a small bowl, stir chicken and Sweet n Smoky Jerk Wing Sauce until well coated, using more or less sauce depending on your spice preference. The meat should be moist with sauce.
- Begin by placing one tablespoon of the cole slaw on the diagonal of the bottom right corner of one of the wrappers. Next, place 2 tablespoons of shredded spicy chicken evenly on top of the slaw. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese crumbles over the chicken. Do not overfill.
- To fold: Fold the bottom right corner over the stuffing mixture so that it covers it completely, with the tip of the corner now pointing to the center of the egg roll wrapper. Fold in the bottom left corner, followed by the right, so that you now have formed an envelope. Roll the wrap upward one time, leaving the top left corner open. Wet your index finger in the small bowl of water and press to moisten the top left corner. Now fold that down on top of the filled roll, sealing it like you would an envelope.
Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Place the rolls on a wire rack set on top of a cookie sheet (or just on a greased cookie sheet) coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spritz each roll evenly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the rolls crisp and turn a light golden brown.
Captain Tim’s Jerk Chicken Salad
2 6-oz boneless chicken breast
2 tbsp Sweet n Smoky Jerk Wing Sauce
1 romaine lettuce heart
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2c. Carrots, grated
1 Avocado, sliced and cubed
3oz. Nuts – walnuts, or pecans
1/4 c. Ranch Dressing
- Preheat the broiler. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and broil 10 minutes per side. Set aside to cool for about 5 minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Chop up the lettuce, halve the tomatoes, cut the avocado and grate the carrots. Add all the ingredients to the bowl, and add nuts if desired.
- Once the chicken has cooled, dice into about 1/2 inch squares and toss in a bowl with wing sauce. Add chicken to salad, top with Ranch and toss with tongs. Mix in a little Wing Sauce with the Ranch Dressing for additional Jerk flavor.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join