This bright, spicy, full bodied Ranchero Sauce recipe is made using fresh ingredients and delicious enough to throw on top of anything from eggs to meat to rice. Take the extra time to make this versatile favorite and you won’t regret it. Using both sweet and spicy elements this tangy Ranchero Sauce is sure to knock your socks off!
Ingredients need for the Ranchero Sauce recipe:
- 1 can whole tomatoes in juice, save the juice
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Spiced Rum Grill Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat, and then add onions, garlic and jalapeno.
- Sautee until onion becomes translucent and brown around the edges.
- Add the tomato juice, saved from can. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add whole tomatoes and crush with a spoon until they are incorporated into sauce.
- Add cumin, cayenne pepper, Caribbean Trading Company Sweet Orange Habanero Seasoning and salt to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro and stir until well incorporated.
- Serve immediately over your favorite fish, chicken, enchiladas or try it at brunch over eggs.
- Garnish your dish with some fresh cilantro or a scoop of guacamole.