This potato salad recipe is delicious with just about anything grilled, and always tastes best outdoors! A great recipe for any occasion – the mustard gives it a nice zesty flavor with a bit of a kick. And you can never have enough bacon! This is such a simple recipe but one that is a time-honored tradition. We personally prefer to add in some smoked paprika to give it that smoky taste that balances against the mellowness of the eggs and potatoes, but it it not necessary to add if you don’t prefer.
Ingredients Needed to Make this Potato Salad Recipe:
- 3 pounds potatoes, cooked until just tender, cubed, cooled
- 5 or 6 hard cooked eggs, cooled, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped red onion or green onions or scallions
- 1 lb. Bacon – crispy and chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (a little more or less, as desired)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Caribbean Trading Company’s Caribbean Spicy Mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
Combine potatoes, eggs, bacon, and onions. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Put in refrigerator to cool down. Serves 6 to 8.