May is a great month to visit Puerto Rico! There are so many things to do and Events in Puerto Rico May. May is the beginning of the summer season, where the weather is lovely – the sultry days haven’t hit yet, and it is prime weather for enjoying all that Puerto Rico has to offer. The kids are getting out of school, Mother’s Day is celebrated and we are celebrating all month long. Here is what is going on in Events in Puerto Rico May:
- May 4-5: Arecibo Patron Saint Festival in front of the Arecibo Coliseum. A festival commemorating the town’s patron saint, San Felipe Apóstol, with music, contests and food.
- May 4-5: Handicrafts Fair at thePuerto Rico Convention Center. Two days of crafts, shows, demonstrations, sales, and more.
- May 4-5: Festival del Tejido in Isabela at the Plaza de los Festivales, comunidad Medina. Exhibits of needlecraft, typical food, drinks and music.
- May 5:Puerto Rico Marathon & Half Marathon at the Parque Jaime Benitez in San Juan. The Puerto Rico Marathon & Half Marathon is the Island’s official full distance marathon event. It’s also a USATF certified course and a Boston Marathon Qualifier. more info
- May 14-28:Puerto Rico Restaurant Week.Prix Fixe dinner menus at 30+ restaurants throughout the island. more info
- May 17-19: Condado Culinary Fest. On Ashford Ave. in Condado. During the month, restaurants along Ashford Ave. in Condado offer different specials and pricing also with promotions for wines and spirits. Live music will be available along the way.
- May 17- 19: Festival de Verano Crash Boat at Crash Boat Beach in Aguadilla. A summer event that will include food kiosks, music and more.
- May 19: 11am to 3:30pm. Meet a Puerto Rican Parrot atEl Portal in El Yunque National Forest. Rangers will have a Puerto Rican Parrot on display.
- May 25-27: Festival Cuevas de La Mora in Comerio Rt 172 & Rt 7774. Activities include a marathon, the Indian Boy/Girl talent shows, dances and various competitions.
- May 24-25: Carnaval Esmeralda del Sureste in Patillas on Rt 3, Nestor Vázquez Recreation Center. Parade, local music, artisans and food kiosks.
- May 24-26: Carolina Patron Saint Festival at Roberto Clemente Municipal Complex in Carolina. San Fernando de la Carolina is the patron saint. This event features folk & popular music, with the best salsa bands, artisan crafts, traditional games & food kiosks.
- May 24- 26: Festival del Güiro Peñolano in Peñuelas at the Plaza Recreo. Art, culture and handicraft festival featuring the güiro (a musical instrument made with a dried and hollowed out gourd). Includes music, artisans and food kiosks.
- May 25: Festival del Pescador in Fajardo at the Malecón de la Playa Puerto Real. Fishing contests, troubadour contests, music by local groups, food kiosks featuring foods from the sea.
- May 25-26 @ 10am to 6pm. Comic Con at thePuerto Rico Convention Center. A two day show with exhibitors and retailers of what we geeks love: Comics, Toys, Anime, Manga, Video games, Strategic and Card games, Movies, etc. This is the biggest comic convention in Puerto Rico, hands down!
- May 24- 26: Puerto Rican Country Fair in Hatillo on Rt 2, Francisco Pancho Deida Méndez Coliseum. A Puerto Rican tradition, this fair is dedicated to the paso fino horse.
- Entire month of May: May continues the Sea Turtle Hatching period. All along the north coast and in Culebra, sea turtles are coming in to lay their eggs. The eggs are protected and volunteers babysit them to ensure their safety. For volunteer opportunities, you can contact the following organizations: Coralations and Conserve
Liked this article about Events in Puerto Rico May? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.