Yum! These seafood pinchos are light and citrus-y and perfect on the barbecue.
- 8 ounces unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 8 ounces grouper fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Limin’ Times Seafood Seasoning
Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. Coat 12-inch metal skewers with cooking spray. Alternately thread shrimp, grouper, salmon, snow peas, bell pepper, and pineapple on skewers. Place kebabs in a shallow dish. Combine lime rind and next 7 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over kebabs. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove kebabs from marinade. Grill, with lid closed, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. (During grilling, baste occasionally with marinade.) Serve immediately.
This will pair nicely with a side or rice – either white or whole grain. Also consider quionia or a rice pilaf.