These shrimp on skewers, or Pinchos as they are known in Puerto RIco are perfect for a light stand-alone meal or as part of a barbecue.
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Adobo
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 16 pieces)
- 1 large green and/or red bell pepper cut in 1” pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 slices
- 4 skewers
In zip-top plastic bag, or plastic container with a lid, mix together oil, adobo, garlic and pepper flakes. Add shrimp, tossing to combine; transfer to refrigerator. Chill shrimp at least 15 minutes, or up to 30 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade; reserve any remaining liquid. Alternately thread peppers, shrimp and lemons on skewers, so that each skewer starts and ends with peppers and contains 4 shrimp pieces. Using pastry brush, brush reserved marinade onto shrimp and vegetables. Prepare grill to medium-high heat, or heat a heavy-bottomed grill pan over medium-high heat. Place shrimp on hot surface and cook until shrimp turn pink and opaque, flipping once, 3 – 5 minutes.