No products in the cart.
Looking for a fresh Caribbean Recipe idea for the hot coming months? This fresh tropical chicken salad is great for those spring barbeques or just a quick throw-together dinner for the family. You can precook the chicken and save it for later in the week or cook it fresh and enjoy it hot on the salad. This twist on a salad incorporates Caribbean flavors with fresh ingredients and ignites the senses within your mouth.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup teriyaki marinade sauce
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean Trading Company Walk the Plank Jalapeno Passion Crushed Pepper Sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeno
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons lime juice
- ¾ pounds mixed salad greens
- 1 (8oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can of mandarin oranges
- 4 cups corn tortilla chips
- Place the chicken in a bowl and cover with teriyaki marinade sauce and Caribbean Trading Company Walk the Plank Jalapeno Passion Crushed Pepper Sauce. Marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl mix tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and cilantro. Cover salsa and refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar and lime juice. Cover dressing and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the grill on high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grates so chicken won’t stick. Place chicken on the grill and discard any leftover marinade. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Arrange mixed salad greens on plates. Spoon some of the salsa mixture over each salad and add ¼ of the pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges to each plate. Crush tortilla chips into large pieces and sprinkle over salads.
- Slice the chicken breast and top each salad with ¼ of chicken strips.
- Last, drizzle dressing mixture over each salad and serve immediately.