No products in the cart.
We are excited to announce our 2nd TweetChat focused on the Caribbean on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 from 7-8pm EST. We will be chatting with Patrick Bennett of Uncommon Caribbean as our guest, who has an excellent Caribbean blog and has travelled throughout the islands extensively. Uncommon Caribbean celebrates the undiscovered charms of the Antilles! From the unexpected (surfing a la Martinique?) to the downright bizarre (St. Croix’s beer-drinking pigs), Uncommon Caribbean offers an engaging journey beyond the region’s well-trod sun, sand and sea attractions to reveal a unique side of the Caribbean seldom featured in traditional travel guides. He has a passion for the Caribbean and the island lifestyle, and we’re excited to hear his insights and tips on all things Caribbean….
TweetChat Important Details:
Tuesday, July 16 from 7-8pm EST
Two ways you can attend #CaribbeanChat:
1. Log into Twitter at the start of the chat and search #CaribbeanChat. You will want to search “all Tweets” because “top Tweets” may skip important contributions to the chat. You’ll continue searching this hashtag as a means of keeping the chat updated. In order to participate in the chat, all of your tweets must include the tag #CaribbeanChat.
2. Log into a hashtag following or social media service with your Twitter account information. Examples include: TweetChat.com, Twub.com, Hootsuite.com, Sprout Social, etc. Enter the hashtag #CaribbeanChat and automatically the service will list in chronological order all tweets that are using the same hashtag.
Please join Caribbean Trading and Uncommon Caribbean on July 16, 2013 from 7-8pm EST in what will be an inspiring, informative and rummy #CaribbeanChat.
What is a TweetChat?
A Tweet Chat (aka Twit Chat or Twitter Chat) is a guided conversation between Twitter users on a preselected date and time. The Tweet Chat can be easily followed because everyone uses the same hashtag on all of the Tweets (in this case #CaribbeanChat). Everyone is welcome to join a Tweet Chat!
Tweet Chats are awesome places to network, they are a great way to get new Twitter followers with similar interests and also attract new followers! At a Tweet Chat there are opportunities for all attendees to interact, ask questions and share stories.
Tweet Chat Tips (for participants)
- Say hello when you join and sign off with a goodbye when you leave.
- Tell people you’ll follow them with hopes they’ll follow you back and you can form a relationship. I often say “Great to meet everyone! I’ll be following all of the new friends I met on #CaribbeanChat!”
- Be respectful of the hashtag. If you start pasting it to unrelated Tweets you’ll look 1. Rude, 2. Spammy, 3. Like an over promoter.
- Join in! Ask a question, RT a great answer, comment … it’s a chat and the more friends that are contributing the better!
- If you like the chat, contact the host afterwards and offer to be a featured guest or ask if you could submit a topic or question for an upcoming chat.
Hopefully this explains what a Tweet Chat (or Twitter Chat) works! We hope you will join us on July 16th for our first ever Tweet Chat!
Want to be updated with future TweetChats? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join