No products in the cart.
It is Cookie Month and we are celebrating with this easy and yummy Coconut Mango cookies recipe. It may be winter and cold outside but that doesn’t mean that you can’t bring a bit of the tropics into your house! Enjoy, or as we say here in Puerto Rico, Buen Provecho! This is a recipe to make Refrigerator Cookies – these are great for making in advance and then pulling out portions only when you need them. The dough should hold in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks…
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of one lime
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
3/4 cup sweetened coconut
1/2 cup dried mangoes, chopped fine
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, vanilla and lime zest. Add egg and mix well;
3. Add flour, one cup at a time, mixing until just incorporated before adding next cup; repeat. Add coconut and mangoes and mix well;
4. Turn out mixture onto flat surface and form into 8″ logs; wrap securely in plastic wrap and place in the freezer until ready to use;
5. To bake immediately, allow to chill in the freezer until dough is somewhat firm. Using a sharp knife (serrated worked well for me), slice 1/4″ thick slices and place about an inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheet;
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cookies are a light golden color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.