No products in the cart.
This Coconut Mousse recipe is made very easy by using Caribbean Trading Company’s Coconut Balsamic Vinegar. It provides that great coconut flavor, strong yet not overpowering. It adds some extra pizazz and complexity of flavor to this recipe. This recipe was provided by our very own Crew Member Noelia Ayala.
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Balsamic
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Toasted coconut
- Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Chocolate flakes
- Place the coconut milk, sugar, Coconut Balsamic and coconut flakes in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Once simmering, place the gelatin in a medium bowl and pour the warm water over it. Add the hot coconut milk and whisk to combine. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- When the gelatin is firm, whisk the heavy cream in a separate medium bowl until thickened. Add the powdered sugar and whisk to combine. Fold the cream into the coconut gelatin, making sure to combine well. Refrigerate the Mousse overnight.
- To serve, pipe or spoon the Mousse into serving bowls and garnish with the toasted coconut, chopped macadamia nuts and chocolate flakes.
- You can alternatively pipe the Mousse into a chocolate cup and garnish with toasted coconut and macadamia nuts.